Let’s delve into acidity vs. alkalinity. These two things are usually measured on a scale ranging from 0 to 14 with 0 being the most acidic to 14 being high in Ph. Ideally drinking water with alkalinity of a 7 Ph is considered neutral. It’s important to keep your body’s Ph in balance because an imbalance can, “allow unhealthy organisms to flourish, damages tissues and organs and compromises the immune system.” (according to http://draxe.com/balancing-act-why-ph-is-crucial-to-health/).
Above all having the access to clean and filtered or purified water is also important to our health as well. At any given time we could be consuming water that is contaminated with: odors, harmful pathogens, pesticides, heavy metals and even radiological contamination. (according to (http://jimbakkershow.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/REVISED-Why-Alkaline-Water.pdf).
Our bodies are made up of “60% of water” according to The USGS Water Science School (https://water.usgs.gov/edu/propertyyou.html). The school goes on to state:
"According to H.H. Mitchell, Journal of Biological Chemistry 158
1. The brain and heart are composed of 73% water
2. The lungs are about 83% water
3. The skin contains 64% water
4. Muscles and kidneys are 79%
5. Even the bones are watery: 31%.
Each day humans must consume a certain amount of water to survive. Of course, this varies according to age and gender, and also by where someone lives. Generally, an adult male needs about 3 liters per day while an adult female needs about 2.2 liters per day. Some of this water is gotten in food.
Water serves a number of essential functions to keep us all going:
1. A vital nutrient to the life of every cell, acts first as a building material.
2. It regulates our internal body temperature by sweating and respiration
3. The carbohydrates and proteins that our bodies use as food are metabolized and transported by water in the bloodstream;
4. It assists in flushing waste mainly through urination
acts as a shock absorber for brain, spinal cord, and fetus
5. Lubricates joints"
Filter bottles and pitchers from this company (www.seychelle.com) are the ones I and my family use and have come to rely on and enjoy. Do your own research and find the one that is right for you.
***All opinions are solely my own, I'm making no claims for anyone's individual health. I know what's worked for my family and I and all I can do is recommend***